Well, me an’ my lady had our first big fight, 哎,我和我老婆第一次吵架 So I drove around ’til I saw the neon light.
于是我开车乱转,直到看到霓虹灯才停下 A corner bar, an it just seemed right.
那是一间似乎不错的拐角酒吧 So I pulled up.
于是我把车泊下。
Not a soul around but the old bar keep,
除了酒吧的老伙计,都没半个鬼影 Down at the end an’ looking half asleep.
他在另一端,半睡半醒 An he walked up, an’ said : "What’ll it be?"
他朝我走来,说,要点啥? I said: "The good stuff."
我说:上点好的东西。
He didn’t reach around for the whiskey;
他没去拿威士忌。
He didn’t pour me a beer.
也没倒啤酒给我。 His blue eyes kinda went misty,
他的蓝眼睛有点朦胧地, He said: "You can’t find that here.
他说:在这你找不到那玩意儿。
"’Cos it’s the first long kiss on a second date. 因为那是第二次约会的第一次长吻,
"Momma’s all worried when you get home late.
你晚回家,让妈妈担心的丢了魂! "And droppin’ the ring in the spaghetti plate, 于是把戒指丢在意面盘里,
"’Cos your hands are shakin’ so much. 因为你的双手颤抖不已
"An’ it’s the way that she looks with the rice in her hair.
就是她满头米粒地看着你的那种情形 "eatin’ burnt suppers, the whole first year,
就这整整第一年,吃着她烧糊的晚餐, "An’ askin’ for seconds to keep her from tearin’ up.
于是你求自己能够再多几秒钟时间,用来阻止她崩溃。 "Yeah, man, that’s the good stuff."
是的,伙计,那才是好东西。
He grabbed a carton of milk an’ he poured a glass.
他抓起一盒牛奶,满上一大杯 An’ I smiled an’ said: "I’ll have some of that."
我笑着说,给我来点那个也行。 We sat there an’ talked as an hour passed,
我们坐在那,一聊就是一小时, Like old friends.
就像老朋友。
彭偶引起我注意
I saw a black an’ white picture an’ it caught my stare,
我看到一张黑白老照片,
让我目不转睛。 It was a pretty girl with bouffant hair.
那是一个一头蓬松头发的漂亮女孩, He said: "That’s my Bonnie,
他说,那是我的小甜心 "Taken ’bout a year after we were wed."
在我们结婚后一年后照的。
He said: "I sent five years in the bottle,
他说,我在酒窖里泡了5年, "When the cancer took her from me.
因为癌症把她从我身边带走了。 "But I’ve been sober three years now,
但是现在我已经清醒了三年 "’Cos the one thing stronger than the whiskey:
因为有一件事比威士忌更强烈
"Was the sight of her holdin’ my baby girl.
就是看到她抱着我的小女儿, "The way she adored that string of pearls,
和她那么喜欢那串珍珠的样子, "I gave her the day that our youngest boy, Earl,
这是我在我们的最小的儿子Earl和他 "Married his high school love."
的高中爱人结婚的那天给她的 "An’ it’s a new tee-shirt saying: ’I’m a Grandpa’.
还有一件新T恤衫,上面写着:我是个爷爷了。 "Bein’ right there as our time got small,
我呆在那里握着她的手,我们之间的时间不多了 "An’ holdin’ her hand, when the Good Lord called her up,
上帝终于召唤她上去了。 "Yeah, man, that’s the good stuff."
是的,伙计,这才是好东西。
He said: "When you get home, she’ll start to cry.
他对我说,你回家后,她(我老婆)就会哭,
"When she says: ’I’m sorry,’ say: ’So am I.’
她说对不起的时候,你也要说对不起, "An’ look into those eyes, so deep in love,
我看着他的那双蓝眼睛,充满了深深的爱意, "An’ drink it up.
我将牛奶一饮而尽, "’Cos that’s the good stuff.
因为这才是好东西 "That’s the good stuff. 这才是好东西。 |